Sail Camp 2021 is tentatively scheduled for June 20 - 26 but no decision has been made regarding if/when registration will open. We'll continue to monitor the guidance provided by the state and county and will update this page with any changes.
Stockton Sail Camp
The best week of the year
Rules for parents
1. Bring a fully equipped and seaworthy boat. Our dock crew is amazing, but they aren't here to refit a boat that hasn't been sailed since last year. You will be charged for all parts that are required to make your campers boat seaworthy.
2. Stay out of camp. Tent city is off limits to parents after the opening BBQ and until the closing BBQ. Our counselors and staff have done this before and will handle things. See a camp director if you absolutely must enter tent city.
3. Stay off the dock. You can help your camper drop off and pick up their boat but our fabulous dock crew will take it from there.
4. This Junior event has been designated as a “DRY” event by joint consensus of the sponsoring club’s Boards of Directors. All adults are expected to refrain from the consumption of alcoholic beverages and be “dry” while in attendance at this event, whether visiting or acting in a staff or volunteer capacity.
Rules for Campers
A single violation of the rules 1, 2, or 3 is grounds for IMMEDIATE DISMISSAL & EXPULSION from the camp!
1. No possession or use of any substance containing alcohol, tobacco, or any controlled substance, except medicine prescribed by a physician specifically for the Junior’s use. Use of prescribed medicine must be specified in the medical information section of the application.
2. No stealing. (Borrowing without the express knowledge and consent of the owner may be considered stealing)
3. No leaving the campgrounds without staff permission.
Repeated breaking of the following rules will result in disqualification from competition and may result in dismissal and expulsion from the camp.
4. Life jackets must be worn at all times while in boats or on docks.
5. Shoes must be worn at all times around the camp and on the docks.
6. Curfew/Lights-out must be observed (times and conditions will be announced).
7. Use of abusive language or disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
8. Juniors are expected to carry out instructions as required for the orderly conduct of the clinic as assigned by instructors, camp staff, or its organizers, in a timely and productive manner.
9. Behavior deemed disruptive or unsafe will not be tolerated.
10. Juniors must abide by the posted rules of the host club.
11. No swimming except as part of scheduled drills, training or activities authorized by the camp staff.
12. All docks other than “A” dock are off limits to Juniors without staff permission.
13. All Juniors will sleep in the designated camp area. No juniors will be allowed to sleep on boats in the harbor.
14. No matches, lighters, or flames of any kind. Juniors needing to burn lines can ask instructors for help.
15. Common decency and health codes require that both genders wear a shirt at meals. Girls - No Bikini Tops, Boys - No Bare Chests, when food is present.
Sunday - Camp Check In
Check in begins on Sunday, June 21st at 3:00pm. Sunday is a busy day and we ask that everyone follow these steps in order:
Sunday - Opening BBQ
Parent, family and friends are invited to stay for the opening BBQ. There will be a brief presentation to welcome campers, introduce the camp staff and review camp rules. Dinner is $10 for non-campers.
Monday - Friday
The weekday schedule is as follows:
Friday follows the same basic schedule except that Intermediate and Advanced sailors participate in the ETIYRA regatta. Skippers meeting is at 10:30, racing begins at 11:00.